Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Clubs

We started our clubs at Hanawalt this year as part of our Leadership Framework. It was our thought that being part of a club helps grow, not only the discrete skill the club is focused around ,but  leadership and citizenship skills as well. Students need to feel part of a group. Clubs are another opportunity for them to connect and interact with others. They gain confidence and build relationships. The staff at Hanawalt are very proud of the success of our first club attempt.  I believe the student quotes best tell how successful our club project has been.
 
 
 
Anna  "We made great plays with little adult help. We did it ourselves."
 
Meredith s  " It was fun making our own theater."
 
 Cloe  " It was awesome because got to spend time with my second grade teacher." 

"The newspaper club was the only club that I felt like I belonged in. I chose this club because I felt like I had talent in it. But I have to leave the club now because I feel like I have to be more open. So I highly recommend this club because it has a part for everyone from comics to interviews. So if you are looking for a worthwhile club you should try this one. "   Alex

“My favorite part of newspaper club was writing about events that I liked and listening to other peoples’ fun stories. I also enjoyed being with my friends and going to other classes to write about other clubs.”  George
 
"I like robotics so much because it is fun and creative". Maqdis

" We learned so many things about other countries and the people in those countries. It was fun tasting all the food!"

" Being on the technology team made me feel like a leader" Anthony

" The coding club was the best. I learned how to do QR codes and was able to teach other people how to  do it" Lucas

 

 


                                                             
 
 
 
  
 

 
 

 



 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment